Being out there in the digital world is something obligatory to each business nowadays. And whether you like it or not if you want to be heard or noticed, you need to be at least on one social media channel.
Social media are not only the way to show your property and it’s lifestyle but most of all it’s one of the best way to reach your customers and a way to communicate with your community. As I write this, my significant other is just answering the messages on Instagram sent buy some future guest in the hostel.
Now…I know it’s not easy.
Especially if as a hostel owner or manager you already have too many things on your head. And of course you could find some person to be your community manager and do this job for you, but that’s not in a budget of every property.
But there are some (easy) social media marketing tips that might help you to organize yourself or your team!
- Every great business started with a plan. So do social marketing need a plan. Set your SMART goals and strategy, think what you want to achieve and be consistent in it. Being organized and working with a plan is a way to success.
- Choose one day a week, where you will always plan the posts for each of your social media channel – use the tools like Hootsuite in order to plan the time of posts on each SM. This will also help you not to be on your mobile all the time.
- Less means More – it’s always better to have one social media but good managed rather than have tons of them poorly managed.
- You don’t need to be the master of Photoshop, neither a videomaker but if you want to create some graphic there are simple and easy tools to help you do that. Canva is one of them.
- If you don’t have time you can always add this task to your reception team during the shift – maybe between your coworkers you have a person that really likes to play with social media.
- Follow your competition and other accommodations and brands. It’s not only a great way to check what they are doing but also to get inspired!
- Use hashtags and encourage your guests to tag your property on their photos. This way you will be more visible and easier to find.
The most important thing is to be creative.
You don’t need to be a social media specialist, since many things you will learn on the way. Internet is full of the tools that can help you in editing, creating videos for you and many of them are for free. Try what is best for your property, experiment and stay in touch with your community 🙂
READ NEXT: HOTEL BRANDS INSPIRED BY HOSTELS
Hostels that social media I love
I love to see the stories and pictures of Casa on Instagram. Photos and videos have its own and unique style which identify the brand of Casa Gracia.
Another Instagram profile that I love to see is the one that belongs to the Sant Jordi Hostels in Barcelona. The photos are inspiring and just make me want to discover the streets of Barcelona over and over again.
A morning stroll in Barcelona!✌ 📸 @lanoiadelbarret . . . . . . . Follow us and get more of this! @santjordihostels . . . . . . #barcelona #barcelonablogger #barcelonacity #wanderlust #travel #beautiful #spain #travelgoals #globetrotter #beautiful #photographer #photography #theglobewanderer #city #adventures #photographyeveryday #traveladdict #aroundtheworld #traveller #view #bcn #goodvibes #street #alleyways #photo #gothic #traveltuesday day #meettheworld
The sunset in Barcelona is magical and unforgettable!✌💕🌞 . . . . . . . Follow us and get more of this! @santjordihostels . . . #barcelona #barcelonablogger #barcelonacity #wanderlust #travel #beautiful #spain #travelgoals #globetrotter #wanderlustbarcelona #visitbarcelona #photography #theglobewanderer #city #adventures #santjordihostels #passionpassport #traveladdict #aroundtheworld #traveller #mothernature #ocean #sea #surfing #view #wave #sunset #meettheworld @visitbarcelona @hostelworld
Both Instagram and Facebook profiles of Podstel are full of their day-to-day life in the hostel of Bucharest. And that’s the best of it: it is simple, funny and real. By following their profiles you can feel the passion for what they do 🙂
Facebook and Instagram full of people, people…and people. After all this is what hostels are about, right?
Oh…just thinking about these hostels make me wanna pack my backpack and go there.
Managing your social media might seem overwhelming but it really doesn’t need to be. You can keep the things simple, show the best of your hostel and the places around it. And don’t forget that’s it is all about people!
You found this post helpful? Share it!
Ten post jest dostępny również w wersji polskiej.