Once you start to travel…
…you begin to notice how many things that you have taken with yourself are not necessary. So with each travel, you leave something behind. And you learn which things are useful.
Today I wanted to share with you my list of items without which it’s hard to get around.
As trivial as it might seem, having those things might also save you from the need of spending extra money, once you are already on the road.
I always try to travel light (and I always think I took too many staff), that’s why I always have the list of the basic things with me. The rest is just extra.
Smart Items you might want to pack for your hostel stay:
- Padlock – Doesn’t matter how much you pay for the hostel. Even the most fancy once might surprise you, that you will need a padlock for the locker. Yes, in some you can rent them, but don’t expect that it will happen everywhere. Every hostel is a different story.
I have put padlock on the top because each day I meet people travelling without one. That’s fine, but I think that it is something very useful. Not only for the lockers in the hostel, also for your backpack/luggage or just a small bag that you use while discovering the city.
- International power adapters – Especially when you travel long time and are changing continents, adapter is something you might not want to forget.
- Charger – I always take with me one mobile charger because luckily with just one I can charge my mobile and kindle. Then there is a computer charger. If you have few devices that you can charge with one and the same charger try to take just one.
- Headphones – Not everyone around you want to listen to the same music as you. Plus if you will watch a video, you will hear better.
- Flip Flops – Hostels might have the daily cleaning but I think using your flip flops to go around and to go to the bathroom might save you trouble. Also you get comfy!
- Travel towel – There are few positive feedbacks to have this kind of towel. First is that you have your own towel and there is no need to rent one. Second is that it is super light and doesn’t take too much place.
- Ear plugs – If you have problems with sleep and you stay in the dorm, having earplugs might come useful.
- Reusable water bottle – Stop buying plastic bottles everywhere and try to refill your reusable bottle. Water might not be drinkable everywhere but there are few tricks for that. Like buying the bottle with a water filter.
- Pendant for your phone – So you see I live in Barcelona. And as long as I hate this fact…robbery here is a real thing. That is why having a pendant for your phone that you can stick to your bag or coat might be a great idea and also might prevent from stealing it.
There it is! My list of the essentials. Of course the list modifies and extend depending on where you are going and for how long. But these ones should be your basics.
Do you have your own list? Share it with me here or on Facebook!